Student Visa


Do you dream of studying in Australia? Byron Bay Migration Agency is here to help you – from identifying the type of student visa you need, to reviewing your visa application for mistakes that’ll keep you from achieving your dream. Contact us today for a consultation.

Learn More

Studying abroad can be a complicated process. A student visa is required, and in Australia in particular, the process and the requirements can be overwhelming for a person to tackle on their own. There are many things to consider when applying, and the amount of required paperwork can be confusing.

Byron Bay Migration Agency is here to help. We’ll help you figure out whether or not the student visa is right for your needs, as well as walk through the requirements for the type of visa that you’re applying for. This includes any paperwork you will need to fill out and tests you’ll need to complete. Through Byron Bay, your dreams of studying abroad can be achieved.


9 + 9 =

Benefits of Student Visa in Australia

There are perks to studying in Australia. Once your student visa has been approved, you may enjoy the following benefits:

Bring family with you

You may be allowed to bring along a parent or guardian (for visa applicants under 18) or partner (for visa applicants 18 and above).

Work benefits

The student visa allows you to both study and work at the same time. The visa holder is entitled to 40 work hours per fortnight (2 weeks) during studies and full-time work hours during school break.

Choose the duration of your stay

The student visa has the option of either short-term or long-term stays. The applicant may apply for a duration as short as six months to as long as five years. Consult with us to help determine which visa length is best suited for you.

Australian diploma

Studying in Australia allows you to obtain an official Diploma, Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree that is recognised by the Australian educational framework. Australian education qualifications are internationally recognised and may be a crucial deciding factor if you apply for a work visa once your student visa expires. An Australian diploma may also lead to a sponsorship by an Australian employer.

Student Visa Australia Renewal


Extending one’s stay in Australia requires a visa renewal, which can be applied for many times so long as the applicant is still enrolled in a CRICOS-registered course. It is up to the Government, however, to decide if your visa renewal should be approved or refused; an application for renewal does not guarantee acceptance.


The application for renewal, or a new visa application (if needed), must be lodged before the visa expires. This process does not take into account bridging visas. Consult with us for further details regarding the student visa renewal process.

Student Visa Australia Requirements


Age limit

While there is no upwards age limit when applying for a student visa, the applicant must be at least six years old to the date before they may apply.

English language proficiency

There are specific tests for English language proficiency that the applicant must take. The test or tests must have been taken no more than two years from the date of the visa application.

Confirmation of enrolment

Applicants must provide authentic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for a CRICOS-registered course for their visa application as part of proof of intent. In some cases, a Letter of Offer may suffice depending on the type of student visa is being applied for. Consult with us to determine which document your visa application will require.

Financial requirements

When applying for a visa, the applicant may need to prove that they’re financially capable of supporting themselves. They may be asked to show evidence of funds sufficient to cover tuition fees, travel expenses, and living costs for the intended duration of their stay. When calculating for funds, living costs for accompanying family members may need to be included as well.

Health requirements

Applying for a visa requires health tests for the applicant and their accompanying family member or guardian, if any. The tests are non-refundable, regardless of whether or not the visa application is accepted, refused, or cancelled. The applicant will also be required to have an OSHC insurance provider for the duration of their stay in Australia.

Character requirements

Character assessment is a requirement for all visa applicants. This means that the applicant will be asked to provide police certificates from any and all countries that the applicant has lived in the past ten years or since they were 16 years old, whichever may be required.

Need help with your student visa?

Contact Byron Bay Migration Agency today.

Need help with your student visa?

Contact Byron Bay Migration Agency Today.

Contact Us

Ready to start?

Contact UsOur Services